Entertainment just got bigger!
TikTok has rolled out its app optimized for Google, Samsung, LG, Android TVs. The newer version of the app also support Amazon’s Fire TV.
When TikTok announced its launching of the TV app earlier this year, Tiktokers were thrilled to bits. Tiktok, which was only available for the small screens of mobiles, is now expanding to larger screens and entering the living room. However, the launch was limited to only North America, the U.K., Germany, and France on Amazon’s Fire TV.
A few days back, the Tiktok newsroom made another jubilant announcement of expanding its reach further to the U.S. and Canada.
The short video platform with approximately 1.1 billion users worldwide saw a rapid surge during the lockdown and is now one of the most popular social media platforms, especially among youth.
With its growing popularity and attraction, youth who used to spend hours on small screens of mobile phones started wishing for a bigger screen to take on more dance challenges and enjoy “for you” and “following feed”. Let’s check how you can install this playstore app on Android TV.
How to Run TikTok on Google, Samsung, LG, and Android TVs
How To Download TikTok on Android TV and Google TV
After the official launch of the TV compatible app by TikTok, downloading and using the app is a no-brainer in those countries where it is available now.
Here’s how you can run TikTok on Android and Google TV:
- Connect to the internet
- Go to Google Play on your TV.
- Browse TikTok, and install it.
- Login to your id, which you have made or explore it as-is.
- You can also create your new id via Android TV or Google app.
Other Methods to Run TikTok on Android & Google TV
However, if, for any reason, the TikTok app is not available in your region or you can’t install it via Google Play Store, you can sideload the app or use a casting/mirroring app.
Sideloading TikTok on TV
Sideloading apps is a common practice for downloading apps that aren’t available on your Android or Google TV from other sources.
For that, you will have to download TikTok’s APK file from a reliable source. Various APK websites are available, but downloading from an untrustworthy source will leave your device vulnerable to malware attacks.
You can sideload apps either from your mobile or your TV itself using various methods.
- Using Flash Drive
- “Send File to TV” app
- Cloud apps for transferring the file
We have written in detail about how you can sideload apps using android phones. Check it here!
But before doing that, download the APK file on your android phone or laptop.
- After downloading, connect the device with a flash drive on which you have the APK file.
- Transfer the APK file of the TikTok app into the flash drive.
- Attach the drive to your Android or Google TV.
- Open file explorer and install the APK file of TikTok from there and enjoy TikTok on a large home screen.
If you don’t have a flash drive, you can upload the APK file from your laptop or Android phone to Google Drive.
Open file explorer with cloud support and log into your Google ID to access Google drive. Install TikTok’s APK file and run it.
Another method involves downloading the “Send Files To TV” app on your android phone and TV.
From the receiving end (TV), choose “Receive” the file, and from your mobile, select the “Send” option.
In this, you can easily send files by using a common app on both devices.
Points to Remember
Android phones only let you allow apps from Google Play Store by default to avoid malware attacks. You will have to toggle on the permission to instal apps from “unknown sources”. You can find it under the settings menu, privacy protection.
Casting or Mirroring Apps To Run TikTok on TV
Another way to watch TokTok on your TV is to use the apps that cast or mirror the content on the TV screen. Screencasting or mirroring is sharing the content on a TV screen from a mobile or laptop.
Such apps are:
- Google Home
- Let’s View
The app MirrorMeister, which you can download from Google Play, can mirror what’s on your iPhone, iPad or Mac screen to your TV. You can use this app to watch the full-screen magnificence of TikTok on your TV.
Make sure that you are connected to the same Wifi connection on both devices.
- Go to Google Play Store & download the app.
- Launch the application and allow all the notifications.
- Now, like Bluetooth, it will look for the devices on the same network connection.
- Tap on the TV’s name to connect it to the mobile to establish communication from both ends.
- Start mirroring and broadcasting to mirror the mobile screen to the TV.
- Start TikTok, and now you can enjoy TikTok on a large screen too.
- Another powerful app is ApowerMirror. Visit the website to download the app on your TV and smartphone.
- Use the same wifi network connection and load the app on both devices.
- The PIN displayed on your TV should be entered into your mobile’s app so that both devices can be connected.
- Select “Mirror Phone to PC” to start mirroring.
- Open TikTok and enjoy the entertaining TikTok videos on TV.
Another useful app is Google Home which does multiple tasks. From your lights, camera, speakers and TV, you can use the app to control all of them via your android phone. A feature of Google Home is to cast the phone and its content on the TV.
- Download Google Home on your android phone.
- From the menu, select the mirror option.
- Locate your TV and connect it with the TV to start mirroring the screen.
Note: Both devices should be on the same Wireless network.
- Check its official website to download the app on your TV and phone.
- Connect both devices to the same network.
- Launch the app on both devices.
- Select the TV from the list on your android phone.
- Select “phone screen mirroring.”
- If you are unable to find your device, you can use the QR code displayed on the TV to connect it to the phone.
- Launch TikTok and start mirroring the app on the TV.
All the above mentioned methods will smoothly run TikTok on the big screen of your Google, Samsung, LG, and other Android TVs. You can choose any one of them. Don’t forget to share your experience in the comments section.