Screen capturing has become easy with Pixel 6 and Android 12. Here you will find multiple ways to take screenshots on Google Pixel 6 smartphone.
With so many changes and upgrades from its predecessor, the way to take screenshots has also been changed in the Google Pixel 6. The old android method is still working for those who like the conventional power + volume button reliability, but new methods let you explore new possibilities like taking a scrolling shot, and you can decide what works best for you.
If you are kind of a person always looking for shortcuts then you must stick to this page as we will share a technique to quickly take a screenshot in Android Google Pixel 6 phone. Let’s look at all these methods without wasting your time with boring talk. We recently published an article on how to run tiktok on Google and Android TVs, you must check that as well.
How to Take Screenshots on Google Pixel 6
1. The Tried & Tested – Hardware Keys
It’s the classic hardware keys method that we have been using. And frankly speaking, the easiest as the method’s ingrained in our brain.
- Press Power and Volume down” button combination together to capture the content on the mobile’s screen.
- Hold the buttons for a few seconds until the screen flashes.
- The screenshot will be saved in your Google Pixel’s gallery.
- You see a preview of the screenshot at the bottom of the screen. It will give you an immediate option for editing, sharing, and deleting the screenshot.
2. From Recently Opened Apps
Another alternative method of taking a screenshot is by opening up the recent apps menu.
Here’s how you can do this:
- Simply swipe up from the bottom to see all the recently opened apps.
- When you swipe up the screen, you will see two options: “Select” and “screenshot.”
- Tap on the screenshot to snap the app or the screen running in the background.
- As soon as you take the screenshot, a preview will appear with the edit and share option. Slide it if you don’t want to edit, share or delete it.
3. Use Google Assistant
You can ask “Google Assistant” to help you in taking a screenshot on Google Pixel 6.
- Press and hold the power button until the Google Assistant shows at the bottom of the screen.
- Alternatively, you can use the voice command “Hey Google.”
- Once Google Assistant is activated, say the magic words, “Take a screenshot.”
If it fails to take the screenshot, you may need to enable the option.
- Go to Google Pixel’s settings.
- Select Apps and notifications and then tap on the “Advanced’ option.
- Tap Assist and Voice input and turn on the “use screenshot” option.
4. Scrolling Screenshot
To take the screenshot of the scrolling screen or the entire page, you need to do the following.
- Capture the screenshot by the traditional method of pressing the Power button + Volume down together.
- When you let go of the buttons and see a flash and little preview, you will notice an option “Capture More.”
- Click on the “Caption More” button.
- It will take a long screenshot of the entire page. You can also crop the screenshot before saving it.
- Hit save and check your gallery to see it.
5. Customize Quick Tap Feature to Take Screenshot
The quick tap feature is available to Pixel 5 on Android 12. This feature is not exclusive to any series. Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 pro also have this new feature. The quick tap feature means the users can tap the phone’s back twice to do certain tasks such as open any pre-selected app, access digital assistant, play/pause media, or take a screenshot.
If you set this feature to take the screenshot, you will be able to capture the screen much faster than any of the methods stated above.
Quick Tap is not enabled by default. So you will need to enable it manually.
Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Phone’s settings.
- Scroll down and tap on “System.”
- Choose Gestures > quick tap.
- Toggle on the “quick tap” option.
- Select the “Take Screenshot” option.
This feature can be annoying at times because you may accidentally tap the mobile, and it will do your selected task like taking a screenshot. But you can toggle off the option anytime you want. The above listed are the 100% working methods of taking screenshots in Google Pixel 6. Try them and have fun with your Google Pixel! If you found any other trick apart from the one mentioned above do let us know in the comments section.